Yahoo Mail has started recycling the accounts. What it actually means is that all the accounts which have been deleted or are not in use for a specific period, will be deleted permanently and then the Yahoo mail ids will be freed and can be used by others. The space occupied by these accounts too will be made available to others. In the light of these developments it is noteworthy to understand what exactly causes account to be suspended or makes it inactive and more importantly how to reclaim or recover these accounts. Yahoo mail accounts are termed inactive and expired if you do not log on to it for one year. These accounts are then deleted after some specific amount of time. Currently, if you do not use your account for 30 days it is considered inactive and obsolete by Yahoo. These accounts are kept in Yahoo system for some time and then deleted. To recover your Yahoo mail account you can do the following things.
To keep your account active, you need to log into it frequently. Once every six months would be suffice. This will help to avoid deleting your account by the Yahoo system.
If you forget your username don’t worry at all!
- First try typing the id with domain like ‘[email protected]’.
- If still it doesn’t work then, you can simply click on ‘can’t access your account’.
- Then click on ‘I don’t know my email address’.
- Then you are asked to enter your alternate email id or mobile number which was used during registration and creating the Yahoo id.
- On entering correct information and the correct CAPTCHA code, the correct username/yahoo id is sent to the alternate mail id or the mobile number whichever was mentioned by you.
- If the information filled is incorrect or does not match the records at yahoo, you are asked to contact customer care.
This part can be very easy sometimes and sometimes can become complicated and difficult. Password helper will assist you in this.
- You need to click on ‘can’t access your account’.
- Now type the yahoo mail id and the correct CAPTCHA code.
- If you have a registered mobile number, you can enter the missing digits of the number as requested by Yahoo and click on ‘Yes text me’.
- Enter the verification code received on your cell and click ‘Submit’. Make sure you close the ‘Code sent to my mobile phone’ page. This will enable you to continue from where you left. You can click Continue or Create new password option. Create a new password.
- If you do not have a mobile number or are unable to receive text messages, then select ‘No, I can’t receive text’. This will prompt you to enter alternate mail id where verification code will be sent. Click ‘Yes email me’. Enter the verification code received on the mail and click ‘Submit’. Make sure you close the ‘Code sent to my mobile phone’ page. This will enable you to continue from where you left. You can click Continue or Create new password option. Create a new password.
- If these do not resolve your issues, you can contact customer care.
Recover deleted account
Say you have deleted your account in the last 90 days or someone else deleted your account, then it is possible to recover it. Accounts closed by Yahoo due to inactivity for one year or violations of Yahoo Terms and Conditions cannot be recovered. Go on sign in and type the username and password of your deleted account and click on reactivate. It takes up to 24 hours for the account to be fully restored. However there is no guarantee that all your mails will be intact. Some old mails and files might be deleted. You can even contact the customer care for account recovery.
However, if you face any problems after the follow above procedure and restored Yahoo mail account then you can contact Yahoo UK Technical Support team. We are Third Party Tech Support provider can assist you to resolve all your technical issues related to yahoo email. Our technicians are well certified and trained to provide on call support and thus are capable of delivering instantaneous solutions. You get in touch 24*7 hours with Yahoo customer service number via contact Yahoo UK